Home » » Favorite Person

Favorite Person

"my cousin, ashly, is my favorite person on the planet.  When she got engaged to her awesome fiancee Scott, I was beyond happy and since I am a party planner, I had already started planning the wedding and shower in my head months prior {obvs}.   I knew I wanted to enlist the help of industry faves, White Loft Studio, Chocolate Creative Design and Petal Floral Design {who are also Ashly's wedding vendors}.

I wanted the shower to personify Ashly - laid back, beautiful, and above all, fun!  My mom was happy to co-host with me and offer her coastal connecticut home as the venue.  She has a mermaid statue perched on her sea wall which was one of the inspirations for the event.  Ashly has always loved the beach {so much so she resides on Nantucket!} so I wanted to incorporate seaside and beachy elements without being trite.  She also isn't your typical bride and was not comfortable with the traditional shower concept so we set out to create a "cocktail hour shower" announcing "one less lovely fish in the sea".  
Share this article :
 
Copyright © 2013. Vintage Romantic Home - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger