Home » » THE BERGERE: INSPIRATION

THE BERGERE: INSPIRATION

For those of you who follow me on Facebook or Twitter you got a preview of my latest find.  A Craigslist bargain less than 1 mile away from my house.  Total score.  It is a lovely Bergere style chair in great condition, just not the right upholstery or finish for my decor.  MAKEOVER!  It is going to make the perfect desk chair for our Farmhouse Desk & (I swear) soon to be built Hutch!  Seriously, I know I keep saying it's coming... but I did start stenciling part of it yesterday!  ~ Side Note: It is not recommended to try to paint outdoors when the pollen count shatters all records.  Hard to keep a clean surface for sure! ~
While I have stripped it down to the buff, removed as many pesky staples as I could, sanded, primed, sanded, painted & waxed this beauty it is still sans clothing.  This will be the place where I will bring some COLOR into this kitchen!  So here are some amazing inspiration images for bringing chairs into the world of color!
Always a fan of the David Hicks La Florentina print, but paired with the natural wood & the fuchsia... I am in LOVE!
I am always a sucker for anything with stripes & anything yellow.  I also secretly want to recreate this picture with the littles... How sweet is this shot?!?
Yellow curtains... LOVE
Again with the stripes.  I know it's a problem.
striped bergere!
Purple Ikat?  Well, honestly any Ikat is fine with me.  & This space is killer!
Suzie: Diane Bergeron  chic city living room with purple ikat French chair, chic white sofa, ...
{ Image via DecorPad }
Aqua & Navy Flamestitch anyone?
Really into this old coffee sack idea. 
Simply because the chair will be in the kitchen...apropos & my husband is quite the coffee connoisseur.  I can then add my pop of color on the inside.

& finally I have to introduce my latest furniture restorer crush... Wild Chairy!
How could you not smile when looking at these beauties?
 
 
Share this article :
 
Copyright © 2013. Vintage Romantic Home - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger